Trinamic Motion Control Board (2020)
This is a sub-$35 flexible addon board for Single Board Computers (SBCs) enabling them to provide low-latency, guaranteed, real-time deterministic response for closed loop motion control. With embedded motion controller and servo driver chips, this board can drive stepper motors or greater capability servo motors.
This is an open-source design that is designed to be adapted and developed by others to fit their applications more closely.
This board is still under development, an updated project page will be posted when completed.
- TMC4361 motion controller, combined with a TMC5160 motor driver
- Single axis motion control
- Linear and rotary encoder input for closed loop motion control
- SPI position and acceleration input
- Wide input voltage range (24V-60V)
- Power MOSFETs to power large stepper motors (10A @ 60V)
- Pin compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero, however the board is designed to be an addon for the Orange Pi Zero Plus 2 so shares the footprint